Thursday, October 6, 2011

Altos de Cazucá

Utsikten fra andre etasje.
The view from the second floor. 
(no)
Etter min søken for å jobbe som frivillig så har jeg vært på besøk på en av skolene, Gabriel Garciá Márquez, til stiftelsen Fundación Pies Descalzos i byen Altos de Cazucá, også kjent som bare Cazucá. Cazucá er å regne som Bogotás favela (engelsk) og har et rykte for å være veldig farlig. Jeg skal ikke forsøke å si at dette ikke er tilfellet, men skulle jeg tatt i betraktning hva den gjengse colombianerne sier, så hadde det vært livsfarlig bare å nærme seg området. Dette er ikke det første stedet jeg oppholder meg som har rykte for å være farlig. Jeg bodde tidligere to og en halv måned i Soacha, en forstad til Bogotá. De fleste jeg snakker med blir veldig overrasket over at jeg som utlending har bodd der. Spesielt siden jeg snakker dårlig spansk. For dem er det et farlig sted. Jeg derimot trivdes veldig godt der og hadde ikke hatt noen innsigelser mot å bo der igjen, hadde det bare ikke vært så langt unna Bogotá.

(en)
After my search for volunteering I visited one of the schools, Gabriel Garciá Márquez, to the fundation Fundación Pies Descalzos in the town Altos de Cazucá, also know as just Cazucá. Cazucá is to consider as the favela of Bogotá and has a reputation of to be a very dangerous area. I'm not trying to tell you that this is not the case but had I taken into consideration what the usual Colombian says it's would be a risk just to come close to it. This it not the first place I've been which has a bad reputation. Earlier I lived in Soacha, a suburb to Bogotá, for two and a half months. Most Colombian I talk gets very surprised that I, as a foreigner, have lived there. And in addition I speak poorly Spanish. To them this is a dangerous place to live. I on the other hand thrived very good there and wouldn't mind living there if it hadn't been for the long distance to Bogotá.

Skolegården hos utdanningsinstitusjonen Gabriel Garciá Márquez.
Schoolyard at Educational Institution Gabriel Garciá Márquez.
(no)
Jeg koste meg på omvisnigen jeg fikk og fikk møte mange veldig hyggelige mennesker. Planen er at jeg fremover skal jobbe som blant annet engelsklærer på et veldig basisnivå for stiftelsen. Jeg ser veldig frem til å bli mer kjent med området og menneskene som bor der og har plan om en senere post som beskriver Cazucá i mer detalj.

(en)
I enjoyed the tour I got and met many very nice people. The plan is that I'm going to work for the fundation in teaching English on a very basic level among other things. I'm looking forward to get to know the area and the people living there. I have a plan about a later post about describing Cazucá in more detail.

2 comments:

  1. Haha funny thing, I live close by from where you took that pic :)Lived there for 6 years, and yeah, it's too damn dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MissOgra!
    Maybe we'll meet there one day :-). You say it's too damn dangerous. I don't know if that was ironi or just an an exaggeration. Nevertheless, please feel free to elaborate on this. When I have talked to others living and working in the area I don't get the feeling it's that dangerous. I didn't get the impression that's normal to for example hear gun shot on a daily basis like I feel it's the typical impression of people living in Bogotá.

    -pedro

    ReplyDelete